Hospitals have been overcharging patients for diagnostic imaging for years, while standalone outpatient imaging centers have consistently offered lower prices for similar services. While independent outpatient imaging center popularity has continued to grow, not all diagnostic centers are created equal. When looking for a diagnostic imaging center, it’s important to do your research before setting up an appointment.
One of the quickest ways to set providers apart is a certification from the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). The IAC provides accreditation programs for many of the imaging procedures provided by Alliance MRI, and the mark ensures that the provider is dedicated to delivering quality patient care. Through the utilization of diagnostic imaging and procedure-based modalities, the IAC ensures that the quality of patient care provided by Alliance MRI is exceptionally reliable and of the highest quality.
Another factor to consider is finding an American College of Radiology Accredited option. The ACR awards accreditation to facilities that have proven they perform high-quality work. A facility that has ACR accreditation has met the practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of its practice.
Benefits of an Accredited Independent Outpatient Imaging Center
- Highly qualified personnel
- State of the art equipment
- Quality service that has passed professional inspection
Insurance companies have taken notice of these fairer prices on imaging and begun partnering with accredited standalone imaging centers. This has allowed insurers to get the attention they need, without worrying about breaking the bank.
Alliance MRI’s freestanding imaging centers are able to provide you with the exact same imaging services as a hospital at a fraction of the cost. In addition, Alliance MRI is committed to working with your physician, insurance provider, and employer in order to provide you with the affordable options you need for your outpatient imaging services.
If you are in need of diagnostic imaging, you don’t want to be stuck paying for those services out of pocket. Alliance MRI is an accredited independent outpatient imaging center that accepts all major insurances, including:
Our facilities accept a wide range of insurance plans, and we are constantly updating this list to mirror the frequent changes in the healthcare industry. View our full list here.
Things to keep in mind when using insurance
- Know your network – We are happy to work with you and your insurance to help determine your best course of treatment. Our team is ready to help you with your next procedure. We keep our partner list updated in order for you to see what providers we work with, making it even easier to deliver you the affordable imaging services you need.
- Know your deductible – Your deductible can make a huge difference when it comes to selecting a freestanding outpatient imaging center or even scheduling a procedure. Keep your deductible in mind when you look to schedule an MRI or other imaging service, as it will affect how much you pay and how much is covered by your health insurance.
- Know your copay – Check with your insurance provider to see what types of copays are required at different service providers. An independent outpatient imaging center could be a different copay amount than your general physician, so make sure to be aware before scheduling your MRI or other imaging service.
Now is the time to schedule an MRI or other imaging service
As the year starts to come to a close, many people miss out on key benefits of their insurance plans. The end of the year is often when most people elect to have procedures scheduled as their deductibles have been met throughout the year, so make sure to schedule an MRI or other imaging service with Alliance MRI.
Patients with flexible spending accounts, or FSAs, may not be able to roll over all of what they’ve contributed throughout the calendar year. Make sure your savings don’t go to waste as Alliance MRI accepts payment with FSAs.
Our goal is to make medical imaging simple and affordable. We proudly serve patients, and accept their insurance, within the Greater Houston, Pearland, San Antonio, and Laredo areas, so contact us today to learn more about our diagnostic imaging services.